13th-14th June 2017
Staged in the heart of the nation’s capital, International Summit on Borders will attract an influential international audience of “invitation only” delegates representing a diverse cross-section of political leaders, practitioners and stakeholders to address security challenges and migration management issues.
Each delegation will come to Washington seeking product and service answers for a wide range of questions – large scale people movement, human trafficking, terrorism and threat mitigation, customs and immigration procedures and anti-smuggling protocols, just to name a few.
International Summit on Borders 2017 - 19/04/2017Keynotes and confirmed speakers announced
Kevin McAleenan and Clarence Yeo Confirmed to Deliver Keynotes at International Summit on Borders 2017
Kevin McAleenan, Acting Commissioner, CBP, will open the International Summit on Borders with a Keynote address on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 8:30am, helping kick off the 1st annual event taking place this year in Washington, DC at the Army and Navy Club.
During the keynote presentation, McAleenan will address Global Border Issues: How Cooperation Can and Is Enhancing Security and Facilitation.
The Luncheon Keynote, Integrated Border Agency: An Idea Whose Time Has Come? will be delivered at 12:45pm by Clarence Yeo, Director General, Singapore Immigration and Checkpoint Authority.
Ana B. Hinojosa, Director, Compliance and Facilitation Directorate, World Customs Organization has been invited to open the second day of programming (June 14) with the Opening Keynote at 8:15am, followed by a keynote luncheon panel that afternoon at 12:45pm, The Future of Border Controls in the Age of Terrorism and Mass Migration. Keynote panelists include Edward Alden, (Author) Bernard L. Schwartz Senior Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations (Confirmed) and Bram DeRidder, Harvard (Invited), and will be moderated by Robert Bonner, Senior Principal, Sentinel Strategy & Policy Consulting; Former Commissioner, U.S. Customs and Border Protection; Former DEA Administrator; Former U.S. District Judge.
Also confirmed to speak at the Summit are:
- Edward Alden, Bernard L. Schwartz Senior Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations
- Alan Bersin, Former DHS Assistant Secretary for International Affairs; Former CBP Commissioner
- Maurice Chenier, Chief Information Officer, Canada Border Services Agency
- Jose M. Garcia, SAT Attaché, Mexican Embassy to the U.S
- Krum Garkov, Executive Director, eu-LISA
- Kevin McAleenan, Acting Commissioner, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Troy Miller, Executive Director, National Targeting Center
- Olivier Onidi, Deputy Director General for Security, Member Nation of EU
- Vice Admiral Karl L. Schultz, Commander Atlantic Area, U.S. Coast Guard
- Seth Stodder, Assistant Secretary for Policy, Department of Homeland Security
- John Wagner, Deputy Assistant Commissioner, OFO, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Royce Walters, Assistant Director, INTERPOL
- David Vigneault, Assistant Secretary to the Cabinet - Security and Intelligence,
- David Widdowson, Professor, Charles Sturt University Australia
The 2017 International Summit on Borders is sponsored by Accenture, Capgemini, Motorola Solutions and Perceptics. BORDERPOL is a sponsoring association.For attendee information, visit http://www.internationalsummitonborders.com/attendees/
For sponsorship information, visit http://www.internationalsummitonborders.com/why-sponsor/